Yesterday was a really good but exhausting day - Wednesdays and Fridays are filled with English classes, so my brain never really stops working. Joyce took us (Catherine, Frank and I) out for supper to this fantastic restaurant that supports Free Flight with some money every month. We all got burgers, and I ordered the #9 hamburger - a little beef patty (which would not fly in North America) with cheese, bacon, ham, lettuce, tomato and a fried egg. Eating this burger honestly felt like getting a hug - I was so full and content after eating it and a bunch of french fries =)
We had eaten late, and by the time we got home I was so relaxed and exhausted that I didn't have the energy to do anything, so I just went to bed at 9! It was kind of like sleeping in in reverse, and it felt so good! I think that it was mostly the intense language stuff that tired me out, and tomorrow will be more of the same, so we'll see how I do, whether I make it awake to 10 pm.
Today was a great day too - I started a new knitting project, which looks one million times better than my half-coaster because I'm actually following a pattern. I am also pretty excited because I think Catherine and I have figured out how to knit a cable (a twist in the fabric), so a whole new world of "Knit Dishcloth Sampler: twelve nifty pattern stiches" (the actual title of the pattern book I'm using) has opened up to me like a nifty flower. Knitting takes way longer and stabs your fingers way more than crocheting, but there aren't crochet needles or patterns here, and knitting provides a perfect excuse not to read assigned books, as well as a new life skill. I hope that Matt is as pleased as I am to anticipate our future kitchen filled with nifty dishcloths in lots of nifty colours!
Seriously though, when I come back to Canada, I just might invest in a pair of knitting needles and some balls of cotton yarn for long trips on the subway, or a more productive way to watch TLC (the TV channel that runs hours of shows I love all in a row from about noon until 5pm).
Knitting turns out to be pretty fantastic, but the real highlight of today was getting Frank's old bike fixed up (he has a motorcycle from Free Flight that he uses to get around), so now I can ride it! This makes life easier since Joyce doesn't have to take me to Free Flight in the morning and pick me up at the end of the day, and Catherine and I can easily stop by the supermarket on the way up or back to pick up fruit/snacks/cookies/shampoo. I won't be going on any errands/leisure trips by myself, so don't worry! Catherine has a bike too, so this just means that we can get around faster than walking.
My hope is to have an awesome picture of me on my (the) bicycle soon =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment