Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 4

Today got off to a slow start and I wasn't feeling well when I woke up, but I think I am still getting over jet lag and that my brain doesn't have a chance to keep up with all of the Portuguese that it is trying to learn. I was feeling much better by lunchtime after I had done some reading at Joyce's house, and I took the rest of the day pretty easy. The kids from yesterday weren't around in the afternoon so I chatted with Frank after lunch until my Portuguese lesson, which was about telling time (dizendo as horas) :) and then we practiced some dialogues. I am getting more comfortable with pronunciation although there are still lots of things to get used to.

I have accumulated an assortment of bug bites over the last few days, but I've hardly caught any in the act and I haven't had any screaming flailing fits over bugs :) I have smacked a mosquito on my foot and on my face, and I grabbed fleas off my stomach and my arm earlier tonight. I have taken a picture of the artistic design creatures have left on my foot for my pleasure. Also, I am without Afterbite because... it slipped my mind to pack any. But they aren't too itchy yet, so this is yet another instance of me being tough!

Tonight after supper Catherine and Frank and I walked up to the drugstore where I made my first purchase in Brazil of everything I need to shower not in travel size :) I took a picture of my change arranged tastefully on my bed so you can see what 33.27 Brazilian Reais ("hay-ice") look like :)

No comments: