Friday, January 16, 2009

Days 5 & 6

I haven't been feeling very well yesterday and today - I thought yesterday I had just had too much sun, but today I stayed completely out of the sun and still ended up with a fever tonight. I am feeling better now and hope that I will be even better tomorrow!

Yesterday I learned how to make popsicles in the ice cream shop that Free Flight is starting. We mix, freeze, and package them all in the same place, and it was a fun way to spend the day. In this picture you can see the mixer, the freezer, and the counter where we package.
Today I went with Joyce on a couple of ice cream deliveries, and we got to chat about how I'm settling in, which was really nice. There were tears because I rarely talk about feelings without tears, and I am missing home today especially because I'm not feeling well, but over all I think things are going really well, and Joyce said that I am doing well for trying to talk to a lot of people and practice what I am learning in Portuguese, so that was encouraging to hear.

Last night I went out for dinner with Catherine, Frank, Adilio (Ajeelyu) and Catherine's friend Caroline. The pizza was not that good, but Catherine said we were lucky for the bathroom to have toilet paper, so overall it was a good night out :) After supper we played two games of pool, and I did surprisingly well, especially since it was different from pool at home. The balls seem much less dense, and the pockets are only just the size of a ball so you have to be very precise (or lucky!) to sink anything.
Here we have me taking a really easy shot that I missed :)
And this is Caroline, Adilio and Frank.

I should get off the computer now, but I have some more pictures to post, so when there is time to upload them, I will put them up - hopefully soon! I can't resist this last picture though with a girl named Andressa and her little brother. She is the girl whose house Catherine and I visited earlier this week. Andressa is so sweet that I hardly know what to do! She is so patient and teaches me words and corrects my broken Portuguese, or if neither of us has anything important enough to try to say sometimes we just sit together :) This is the only picture I have so far with any of the kids from Free Flight, but I am very glad it is with her!

No comments: