Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 95

Day 95... and I'll be leaving on day 99! I know that it is so close, but thinking about actually going home still feels very surreal.

I gave my testimony in Joyce's English class today - they are the class that I was teaching while she was in India, so it was neat because they've had a chance to get to know me a little bit, and they are the most advanced class right now, so I spoke in English, and then Joyce asked them questions after to gauge their comprehension.

I also had my second-to-last time with Frank's English class this morning - my favourite group of students! They're all girls, from ages 14-20 and they are just all sweet and bright and wonderful :)At lunch time I knitted a cell phone holder for when I get back to Canada, and then I had my Portuguese class at 2 as usual. I am going to do a review/final exam tomorrow, and preparing for it today with Maricildes I realized HOW much Portuguese I have learned since I arrived. On my trip home I have an 8 hour layover in Sao Paulo, which would have been much more difficult three months ago - this time I am not nervous about ordering food if I need to or asking directions for anything, or even possibly making some conversation waiting for the flight. It is a flight to Toronto, so some people will likely speak English, and I'm planning to bring things to do, so hopefully the time passes pretty quickly.

And now there is something very important that I need to know about Canada: do we have white chocolate Smarties? Because I just ate a package of what amounts to white chocolate smarties, and they were too delicious for words. Usually I have to be in a certain mood to love white chocolate, but apparently I was in that mood about 20 minutes ago, and now I am just blogging, basking in the afterglow of a LOT of sugar :) If anyone has information about that, let me know :)

No comments: