By Sunday, our routine was pretty solid: sleep as long as possible with kids playing in the living room, eat breakfast, watch TV, make lunch, eat lunch. We were all pretty beat from our two days of fresh air and sun (some of us more than others, ehem), and everyone napped Sunday afternoon except for Catherine I think. I also napped Sunday morning before lunch. It's really hard to get a good rest when moving makes your skin feel like cracking open, but that is all in the past. Suffice it to say that I wore loose-fitting clothes and abstained from taking a shower. The movie Madagascar was playing on TV, so I watched part of that and slept through the rest - one day I will see the middle of that film! Okay, chances are that I won't.
Catherine and I had been hoping to go to church, but everyone was dead tired and it just didn't happen. Frank's sister got back from Pirenopolis late in the afternoon, and she and Tiago had a party for Easter at their house, so we walked up around six o'clock. I had mixed emotions about going since I'd spent the whole day in bed, and I was feeling somewhat better, but my stretch capris and nike hoodie were less than glamorous and very un-Easter-y.
It turned out that I had the best time at that party! We didn't have supper until late - maybe 10 or 11 o'clock, but the food was so long because it was cooked over a wood-burning stove: rice with chicken mixed together in a way that this blog cannot communicate - it was creamy and spicy and filling and amazing.
A lot of neighbours came to this party - someone opened up the back of their car so their stereo could play music loud enough for everyone in the house (everyone in the neighbourhood, really), and there was dancing forever. I learned how to dance Forro ("foho" like fo sho ;), accent on the second syllable) and Pagode, which was SO fun. Apparently Pagode is similar to Samba, but I don't know anything about Samba so I really can't say. Also, I pretty much mastered the "cockroach dance" lol, which is so named because it looks like you are stepping on cockroaches - my favourite!! (not)
It was late by the time people started going home, and it was probably at least 2am by the time I took a shower and went to bed. I've been hobbling around a little bit like an old lady today because of a sore knee (apparently I busted more than new moves!), but it was Definitely worth it!
To top off the weekend, the four of us were able to catch a ride back to Aguas Lindas rather than take buses full of commuters, so our morning was not as early as it might have been - we got up at 7 instead of 5:30 :S This weekend is definitely right near the top of my list for this semester - possibly second to my day in Pirenopolis, even considering the sunburn! (It's healing, I promise.)
No comments:
Post a Comment