Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 31 (one month!)

This week is going well so far - I have an idea of the class schedule now and am doing a pretty good job of pacing myself between helping in classes, reading for courses at Tyndale, and playing clapping games with some girls =)

I am also, after a month, getting used to the fact that every day has about three days' worth of weather, and dressing appropriately is impossible. Most days start out coolish and then get quite warm (so, capris and a t-shirt maybe would be good to wear) until some point later, sometimes before lunch or sometimes not until the afternoon it gets cold and windy and starts to rain (bring a jacket). It seems like the warmer the clothes I wear, the later it is likely to rain, and if I boldly wear a skirt or shorts or if I forget to bring something with long sleeves then the rain rolls in before 11 and lasts all day. All I'm saying is that the weather is unpredictable; I am not complaining; I have yet to regret not packing a toque or a scarf or a coat!
Here is a picture of Catherine and I having been caught in the rain walking home after band practice. =)

Here also is a picture of my knitting project, which I started today after I learned to knit!What is it going to be? It is... not only an experiment in knitting and purling, but also potentially a coaster. How functional!

No comments: