Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 34 - A New Age Has Dawned

Yes, I have killed a cockroach.

It all started when I imagined a bug on my leg. I don't know what kind of bug, but a big one, a scary one... it turned out to be the drawstring on my capri pants. It was a pretty intense moment though, my peripheral vision saw movement and sent a jolt of adrenaline through my body. My heart was pounding, and a muffled, high-pitched gargle escaped from my throat.

And then, realizing that it had been nothing, but still feeling my heart pounding, I saw a real life cockroach walk (it was faster than a walk, but what do cockroaches do? jog? scamper?) into the living room. Not walk, it scuttled. And with my pupils already dilated and my heart rate at 125, I knew that I could kill it.

Did I pick up it's dead beetle body and throw it out? No, Joyce took care of that one, but maybe one day I will. One step at a time people, one step at a time.

1 comment:

mcmillanarizona09 said...

Loved your new dawned day, Alyssa. Creepy crawly things - well apparently they all have a place and a raison d'etre but like you cockroaches give me the willies. Dennis and I are off to Arizona and are trying blogging for the first time. Your dad sent us the site and it really was easy to set up. Am so glad you are learning lots and enjoying Brazil.

God bless,
Jeanette