Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 24

Today was pretty uneventful - I ran some errands with Joyce in the morning, and I played Octupus for a little bit on the lawn before lunch :) I had my Portuguese lesson in the afternoon, and when it was over I read my Bible (2 Peter 1:1-10 - fantastic. I can finally make sense of vs.5-7, so that was really cool), and then I went into the computer room and worked on a book report for one of my classes.

While I was in there, Andressa (there is a picture of us at the end of Days 5&6) came by and we listened to my mp3 player for a little bit, and then she discovered the recording feature and that was the end of that! She loved recording her voice and sang a few songs, and we went across the street to her house and she played everything for Bruna (her step-mom) and her brother and made a recording of her brother and her talking and singing and all kinds of stuff. It was good times lol.
This is Andressa and Linda-Inez's house, by the way.

One highlight of the day was Andressa's younger brother (not the baby) learning to ride his bike! Yesterday apparently he wasn't able, but Brazilian kids are way tougher than Canadians, and this boy's dad didn't hold his bike up or give him training wheels. Instead, apparently, he watched and encouraged his son that "falling down helps you learn to stay up". Today Leiyilton (??) was biking all around Free Flight and proudly dismounting, although also wobbling sometimes or driving into walls, lol. The Cutest moment was when Catherine and I were chatting in some shade and Leiyilton rode past us and tried to bike over a big rock that was sticking out of the ground. He fell right over, and Catherine and I both probably gasped a little bit and asked if he was okay. He climbed out from under his bike and said (in Portuguese), "it's okay, I'm short." This kid is my hero.

On the walk home, Catherine and I saw a really big dog in a yard, and I think it looks like a panda bear. What about you?
Please vote, so that I can not only be validated for discovering this panda-dog, but also so that I will feel validated that people read my blog :) Although, please also just vote once, because if the truth comes out that only two people read my blog, I'll just have to handle that.

No comments: