This week has kind of gotten away from me blog-wise. As I settle in more and more and get more comfortable here I find that my schedule varies a lot more, so rather than come home and blog about the day I.. do lots of different things. Sometimes I help make supper or do some reading for classes (especially now that March is half over and I have all kinds of assignments left lol), or knit something or read something or just hang out... anyways, so all of a sudden it's Thursday!
I was feeling sick today so I came home at lunch and napped and then worked on assignments (surprise surprise), but it was good - I feel much better and hope that I keep feeling better tomorrow!
Tomorrow is Friday, which means English classes in the morning and possibly in the last afternoon (I haven't been helping in the last afternoon class for the last few weeks because it is very small and there aren't many ways to help that the teacher can't just do himself, plus by the last period of Wednesdays and Fridays I'm usually pretty tired from classes in the morning and my Portuguese session after lunch. I might work on some reading or hang out with some kids or watch a soccer game... time will tell :)
Disappointingly, my bug bites are increasing and intensifying... I had a really good stretch where I had hardly any! I don't know if there are more mosquitos lately because we've been having crazy rain or what... thank the Lord that I don't have fleas in my bed any more, but mosquitos are getting to me somehow... even under my clothes. Catherine's still worse off than me though, and I'm toughing them out... I would WAY rather have bug bites than wake up to cockroaches on their backs in my room, which has happened in the past but mercifully not in the last little while. Every day when I wake up I peek over the edge of my bed and scope out the floor so that no bugs catch me by surprise :) I am also very sketchy going into the bathrooms... hidden camera footage would probably look really ridiculous as I push the door open and look all around before I go in, check behind the door, look up the wall in case any cockroaches are above my line of sight, and then close the door once I know it's safe. It's quite a process, mentally, emotionally and physically!
Well that's it for me today - tchau!
No comments:
Post a Comment