Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 73

Well the bugs are back to biting me with a vengeance. Just now I caught myself scratching a bite on my elbow, and when I looked at it I saw that what had been one bite is now three. The same thing happened on my side - I had one bite the other night and today I have three. I have more bites on my legs now than I can bother to count, and this round they are from mosquitos, not fleas, so they are itchy!!!

I've been making pretty good progress so far this week on assignments and reading, so even though there is still tons to do I am not feeling too stressed out about it.

This Sunday I am going to give my testimony at Catherine's church where I have also been going most Sundays. I've typed it out, and I think tomorrow in Frank's English class we are going to work on translating it. Yep, I'm going to try to do it in Portuguese, which I am totally nervous about but think will be a great experience, and so much better than doing it in English and needing it to be translated by another person. After we translate it tomorrow, I'll have a couple classes to practice it with my tutor, and then I will just do my best to speak slowly and clearly even if I feel ridiculous.

That's about it - I've been working on assignments this morning and will be heading up to Free Flight soon for lunch, Portuguese, and a keyboard class this afternoon. Wait, there is one more thing. Last night Catherine made banana bread, and it was amazing. :)
Tchau!

No comments: