I went to the market with Catherine this morning - we bought fruit and fresh spices and went by the bakery. It was a beautiful day and just all Brazilian and wonderful. Catherine is in the market for a new bag since she lost her old purse, so we looked in some stores on the main street in our area, and it was there that I found a beautiful dress. We also found a million ridiculous shirts that neither of us would ever fit into or be able to wear outside of our own bedrooms, but it was fun to look around, and then I saw this beautiful black and white dress with sequins all over it so it sparkles! And I tried it on, and it was gorgeous. So I bought it and wore it to give my testimony at church tonight.
But first, a hilarious story that you probably had to be there for, but oh well. Catherine was trying on a dress as well, and there was a little boy whose mom was in the store, and suddenly I heard Catherine say in a very serious voice, "Sai, por favor" which means Get out. And yeah... this little boy was creeping on Catherine in the change room... not THAT funny, but it made me laugh :)
So.. my testimony. I was so nervous from the time that we arrived at church through the whole time that I was speaking, and there was a lot of singing and even an offering in between! Catherine invited two brothers from Free Flight that we're friends with to come, and it was nice to have them there, although it didn't make me any less nervous! I was having a terrible time understanding anything and kept listening for key words to know when I should go up to the front, but finally the time came, and Catherine came up with me to introduce me a little bit, which was so nice! And then I read my testimony :) It went well, and the pastor even made some references to it in his sermon, so I thought that was cool. Catherine videotaped my testimony, but I'm not going to put the whole thing up because it would never load, and it would be five minutes of just noise to most of you, but here is a clip to prove that I did it =)
(and you can get a glimpse of that dress!)
By the way, it's been pretty cool here for the last few nights - I'm wearing that jean jacket because I needed it! So for anyone who has Brazil envy... well it's still amazing. But it's not always tropically hot! We were commenting on the cold before church and one woman said "yeah, it's freezing!" and I said to Catherine... "that woman does not know our country!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, that was really cool. I didn't understand a word but it is awesome that you were speaking Portuguese! Way to go!
Post a Comment