Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 75

This is actually a picture from Tuesday night, but I had already blogged that day! Catherine and I made chili for supper with a spice package from Canada that her friend sent her - it was so good! We had leftovers tonight, which were also delicious!

Last night Catherine's friend Cabelo came over (cabelo is a nickname - it means 'hair.' Cabelo has long hair) and we hung out for a couple hours, it was really fun. He speaks really quickly, so it was kind of hard to understand him sometimes, but Catherine helped and he repeated himself lots and it all worked out. Cabelo is a musician and plays in a band, so he and Catherine played some songs on guitar and talked about music that they love, and we talked about our families and church and lots of things. It was fun.

And today I finished a 500-page book that has taken me forever to get through! It is like a shackle falling off me lol - now I just have one more book to finish and infinite assignments before I go =) I have been spending a lot of time on assignments this week to try to catch up on everything I haven't been doing while I was making friends and helping out at Free Flight. I don't think that it was time badly spent at all, and it has been hard to choose to read instead of spending time with kids, although I did go by the breakdance room again Tuesday. I am hoping that by really buckling down I will be able to finish all of my assignments early and have the last few days of my time here completely free from academic responsibility and I can just soak everything in until the very end.

Frank and I translated my testimony this afternoon, so I will practice it tomorrow with my tutor and probably a couple times Saturday with whoever will listen to me - I'm nervous but also looking forward to it, and I think it will be a great experience! It looks like a couple friends from Free Flight are going to come on Sunday to hear my testimony, which is really cool. Deep down, I'm definitely excited!

No comments: